2014, It’s only getting started
Looking back at all my posts, the past 365 days and what’s to come for the rest of the year, I must say that I am very excited to say the least. A year ago I thought my world is coming to an end. And now, it just getting better.
Now that I have a new job I will be earning more money. For the first time in my life I will experience the true meaning of income > expenses. I will be able to save some money. I am still trying to cut expenses and live a more frugal life. Just two more weeks and I would’ve kept a budget for 3 months and recorded every single transaction I made over those 3 months. Budgeting will only get easier and it will become a part of my every day ritual.
I have major plans for the next 365 days. When I write another mid-year review and I look back to this post and think that I have finally achieved something big. This would be bigger than me getting am accounting degree. Much bigger. It will be a step in the right direction. No more taking a back seat on my financial future. I will become the driver and take control. No more blaming other people for where I was a year back. I am in control of my journey and only I can change it.
So here are my goals for the rest of 2014:
- I will buy an engagement ring and propose to my girlfriend.
- I will have less debt than I started with this year.
- I will have my driver’s permit.
- I will have all the necessities required to live a comfortable live at home.
- I will learn all the programming languages to enable me to create a website and a mobile app from scratch.
- I will finish my website.
- I will finish my own mobile app.
- I will reach 500 views on my blog.
- I will have a budget that I following strictly every month.
- And I will be a more productive and healthy human being.